Saturday, August 28, 2010

go-o-o-ood morning chicago!

just as i said before... good morning chicago! i'm here! its official, and the city is... awesome. the roommates are nice enough, and we're all sort of pitching in to make this place a fantastic homespace. 
we've got these absolutely fantastic giant windows... and a great kitchen and common area. we spent last night putting up posters, exploring the city, and watching 'the rocky horror picture show.' [one of 'em hadn't seen it before!] 

anyway, yesterday was somewhat hectic. my parents and i woke up around 6:30 and headed into the city. we arrived at my dorm around... 8:20? yeah. and we were third in line. we didn't actually get to start unpacking until, like, 9:20. but whatever. it was a good time. i got to my dorm first and claimed the bed under the super-fantastic window. i felt like a jerk... but dear god, that window! so... uhm... yeah, that's about it. my parents helped me set everything up, we went out and got my required laptop- [which i adore and am using right now, just like i said i would. also, i installed netflix view it now, so it is pretty much my favorite thing in the world.] then my parents and i had a farewell lunch at jimmy john's, and i have the leftover half sandwich sitting in my refrigerator calling to me. after that... one of my roommates showed me the target and i got a ream of paper for my printer and a muti-plug outlet. and some chocolate peanuts. because who doesn't love chocolate-covered peanuts? [besides the people who are allergic to peanuts.] then... floor meetings, tacky safety videos, and a fantastic intro to the 'living learning' program that i'm in. its fantastic! dimitri moore is our leader, i guess, and he's gonna help us find different activities and stuff that have to do with our majors. 

so... today we're going to get our IDs and buy a few more necessities, then tonight i'm heading over to chinatown-[hooray! lucky cats!]


-marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment